Tuesday 28 May 2013

Guest Reader's Cat Of The Week: Charlie




Name? 
Charlie

Nicknames? 
Charlie Girl, Sweet Pea, Podge, Favourite No. 2 Puss

Theme Tune? 
Downtown by Petula Clark. (I feel the lyrics would be meaningful for the Bear too.)


Age? 
13 years young

Owner? 
Claire

Brief biography? 
I was born in the Garden of England. My owner spotted me being advertised modelling on a poster in her local cattery whilst picking up Favourite No. 1 Puss from her holiday. I was chosen from amongst my siblings because of my lively character and my irresistible belly – spotty and stripy.

Catchphrase? 
‘I’m a girl!’  (Even my vet gets this wrong.)



Favourite Habits? 
Using a litter tray the very second after it has been freshly cleaned. 

What constitutes a perfect evening for you? 
Eating a large bowl of prawns followed by a short nap then watching TV (Springwatch is a particular favourite). Next, I would pester my owner for pre bedtime treats (more prawns). After this, since I become lively late in the evening, I would like to be entertained by my owner with one of my favourite toys (currently monkey) preferably just as she is going to bed. Finally, falling asleep on my owner whilst she is in bed so she cannot move into a comfortable position. Yes, that should do it.


Favourite food? 
Prawns (see above).

Defining moment of your life? 
The time I was hospitalised and put on a drip for dehydration following an infection. I had been a little off colour and a trip to the vet resulted in being kept in hospital for 3 or 4 days. My owner was allowed to visit me in hospital but quite frankly was a rubbish visitor being self conscious and too embarrassed to talk to me properly in the ward and not bringing any treats.

Any enemies? 
Gizmo, the scary ginger Tom from next door, who tried to take up residence in my home for a while. He’s since been extradited.

If you could do one thing to make the world a better place for felines what would it be? 
Longer holidays.

If you could meet a celebrity who would it be and why?
The birds that star in Springwatch, for obvious reasons.

Which one of the cats in
Under The Paw and Talk To The Tail would you most like to be stuck in a lift with? 

The Bear. My unrequited love for him is making me miserable. I think we would be a good match.




No comments: