Saturday 20 December 2008

Pouncing In The Name Of...

I've mentioned the Panic Mouse - the expensive toy that my cats comprehensively ignored - many times on the blog, and a few people have asked what's become of it. The answer is that about six months ago Dee gave it to Louise, a cat-owning friend at her workplace. "This looks great!" said Louise. "I bet my cats will love it!" It saddened Dee to see such hope in her eyes, knowing what a disappointment she was headed for, upon getting the Panic Mouse home. However, the other day, Louise's other half, Daniel, sent us a video of their cat, Daisy, with the Panic Mouse (and other, less highfalutin toys). As you can see, it's quite a contrast. That said, Daisy still seems more interesting in mauling her non-mechanized toys...

Our Panic Mouse video:



Louise and Daniel's:

3 comments:

jmuhj said...

Methinks Daisy Liang's killer instincts are whetted by the fact that, instead of a plastic motorized object, there's a LIVE, CARING HUMAN BEING at the other end of those toyz. YEAH.

FuturistFi said...

Yep, that's the sort of response I get to anything that isn't a real vole.

By the way, the soundtrack is great. Haven't listened to 'I'm Bored' for ages, but will now.

Anonymous said...

Reading 'Talk to the Tail', I was trying to picture what the panic mouse looks like.

The video is hilarious!